Our contact information
We are located in downtown Albuquerque.
- Main Phone: (505) 299-9409
- Attendance Phone: (505) 299-9463
- Fax: (505) 299-9493
Our Events Calendar
Our Mission & Principles
Amy Biehl High School was founded in the spirit of Amy Biehl, a young scholar dedicated to social justice and service. We graduate diverse learners and leaders who demonstrate the intellectual, social, and ethical habits to improve their communities. Our graduates are civic-minded, college-bound, and career-ready.
Our goal is to become a model for education reform in New Mexico and in the nation. We seek to achieve this through the successful implementation of the following principles:
- Every student must complete two college classes at the University of New Mexico (UNM) or Central New Mexico University (CNM) in order to graduate.
- College coursework must be rooted in a year-long community service project that has relevance to a student’s academics when possible.
- Every student must maintain a 75% average in order to receive academic credit for a class.
- ABHS seeks to match the high level of academic rigor expected of all ABHS students with a corresponding level of social and emotional support.
- We expect our teachers to be pioneers in their field and to hold themselves accountable for preparing students for college. Our teachers are paid competitive salaries and are provided with progressive professional development.
There are a variety of classes you can take a Amy Biehl, including neat electives such as MESA, fitness, and Mock Trial.
ABHS class offerings
Amy Biehl has incredible teachers and staff who are committed to seeing their students succeed.ABHS Staff
Learn more about our unique ABHS history.ABHS History
Amy Biehl is known as a safe school - this is not by accident. The culture of Amy Biehl is one of acceptance, empathy, and assuming best intentions. Part of this, is our safety language, which are a few important phrases that help build positive and supportive culture.
Amy Biehl is also unique in that it encourages students and staff to develop life-long habits of heart and mind to help us serve our community.ABHS Habits of Heart and Mind
Amy Biehl aquired the 1908 federal post office building located at 123 4th St in 2006. It is enriched with character and personality, and fosters a warm environment for learning and achievement.ABHS building
Our policies can be found in detail in the link below.ABHS Policies
- ABHS charter goals coming soon!
To the top